Hopkinsville's Fuqua connection dates to 1925 when the firm of Criss, Wood and Fuqua Funeral Directors was organized. Criss had been in the funeral business as Waller and Harton Funeral Directors. Wood came to Hopkinsville from Princeton to work for Denny and Keach Funeral Home. Terry Fuqua owned and operated a furniture store and funeral business in Cadiz.
The firm later became Wood Fuqua Funeral Home and later became Wood, Fuqua and Davis when Auti Davis entered the partnership. Fuqua's son, Herman, came from Cadiz to join the business in 1942. When Wood and Davis retired, the business became Fuqua Funeral Home, and the Forbes home was purchased.
Herman Fuqua's wife, Carolyn, operated the business alone, after the death of her husband in 1955, until 1961 when Nelson Bennett and Lawrence Hinton entered the firm. Bennett left two years later in 1975, when the Londons became the owners.
R.G. Ramsey and his wife, the former Mabel Maddux, operated Ramsey Funeral Home until Ramsey's death in 1961.
Tommy Maddux and his wife, Carolyn moved to the funeral home and became owners.
In 1986, Henninger Funeral Home of Hopkinsville was purchased by Maddux, and the firm moved to the Country Club Lane location, which was the former home of the Mormon church.
We stand ready to assist you. If a death has occurred, please call us on the number below:
Close this window
Who We Are
What We Offer
Why Plan Ahead?
How We Help